Thursday 16 July 2009

A hut or a Castle?

I kinda like the fact that the Spa in Læsø is inside of an old church... it feels so contemporary, it gives so many interesting metaphorical readings... one could say that it represents the new religion, the adoration of ones own body, or as hindu Sages say: The honoring of one's own body as the temple of God or as Muktananda once said: "You can destroy a temple, a church, a mosque, but never hurt a human's heart for this is the real abode of God", I like that!!! And in a time where, in Brazil and South America, many art houses, cinemas and other establishments are becoming suspicious churches (where already poor devotees have to leave their monthly earnings to "enter the Kingdom of God") it is nice to see the other way around: Old and abandoned churches becoming living temples of healing and relaxation...

Well... I took some forbidden pictures cause camera's are not really encouraged inside the Spa. This one is from the biggest indoor pool with salty water...


This is a delicious and freezing cold passage for after one of the 4 Saunas...


A view form one of the windows at the Tower...



you can see myself and Christian outside of the Spa...


Now it is myself again with my step daughter Siri (far right) and her friends (from left to right) Marie, Vera and Matilda...

This is a pic from the Spa/Church, the other side of the tower and the view for the charming little town of Vesterø


A view from the first floor of the Spa


And another pic from the facade...



A hut or a castle??? That was my dilemma for so many years... somehow a hut, a simple little thing, meant to be striped of ambitions, a simple life that was carefree and earthy. Contrasting with it there was also the image of a huge house, meaning wealth and ambitions, a life that was all about acquiring and generating more wealth... It was hard for me to figure out what I really wanted from life, until the day i met one very special person and, after hearing about my dilemma, she said: Why not to have both? I had never thought it would be possible but all of a sudden, a huge blockage was undone... both... I liked it so much. It meant I could acquire, I could aim and afford expensive things but I did not have to give up the simplicity and joy of being carefree... I still like it... both... I love to come to this Island called Læsø and have a very simple life, buying vegetables from stands out in the road, swimming at midnight when the sun is still there, wearing sandals and frying Lobsters on the improvised outside kitchen... I also love that this Island has it's own luxurious Spa where, from time to time, we can simply have the most exclusive experience, floating on medicinal salty waters or soak on the outdoors Jacuzzi... yes... both!!!!

2 comments:

Felipe Vasconcelos said...

Bravo, Cello! Vou acompanhar essa jornada no mesmo lugar. Quer dizer que cê tá mais quieto? Ou centrifugando? :)

Adorando os posts; cê escreve bem; o mundo passa por sua subjetividade, e aí fica interessante à beça; a maioria dos blogs têm muito ego; deve ser resultado de todo seu embate com o espírito; o meu me trouxe para um materialismo hedonista ateu. :)

Saudades. Abração!

Marcello said...

hahahaha... adorei o centrifugando!!! É geralmente o que acontece comigo quando "fico" num lugar!!! Centrífuga!!! hahaha... muito bom, Glass!!! E suncê? Tudo em riba? Saudades... abraço enorme!!! And by the way, Nao sei se voce lembra, foi há tanto tempo, na CAL, voce me deu uma vez um cartao lindo de aniversário com o símbolo de sagitário, eu sempre guardei o cartao especialmente pelo que voce escreveu, ha uns 3 meses, "fuçando" na net eu achei um parente distante, Joffe Bosschart, um místico que pintava símbolos e mistérios e adivinha? O cartao que voce me deu foi pintado por ele... pensei ser uma conexao interessante, se houvesse percebido isto antes teria tentado entrar em contato com esse primo. Ele faleceu há 1 ano... uma pena... bem, mais abraços pra voce...
Cello