Thursday 24 September 2009

Life is Life


Oh, Life is life and it entails pleasure and pain no matter where or what! I remember, years ago, inside of a bus in Rio de Janeiro, in my 20's, a hot summer day, I was simply melting inside of the bus, eyes half closed, trying to preserve energy by moving as little as possible as if any little tremor of a finger could stir the fires of the Summer Burning Hell around us... my forehead was leaning against the window, we were passing by "The aterro do Flamengo" and between the street and the busy traffic and the sea there was a big park, mainly grass with a tiny little elevation mocking of a hill. Before I even continue I have to say that this was a period in my life where I thought I would never meet someone to love nor be loved by someone. I was Young, handsome, romantic (and would like to think that I still am with the exception of the young part) and there was no reason to feel the way I did but I did nonetheless... through the window of the bus, on the top of this elevation in the grass there were 2 beggars... a man and a woman... the breeze was blowing outside, they were facing each other, she was laughing, he was looking at her with awe and joy, they embraced, her hair flew all around her face and they kissed... My heart skipped a beat, I am sure of it... It was simply beautiful, the freedom they seemed to have, the lack of self-criticism, the abandonment of being on top of a little hill, in the middle of heavy traffic around, throwing their heads back, allowing the wind to blow it away... I know, I know, I know, don't anybody give me a lesson on how privileged I am/was, having a house, money, all and all that represents success in the world we live in... the truth is that at that very moment, for a minute or so, inside of that bus, i envied them!
So, in a "blog-prayer" moment I ask to whatever is deep enough in me not to allow me to forget or even lose "that loving feeling..."

Having said it all I want to post beautiful images of a beautiful Autumn day in Copenhagen and the little island of Ven, in Sweden...


One of my favorite towers in Christianshavn...


As I once wrote in an article to a Brazilian Magazine about Copenhagen: Look up!!! But don't miss what is going down either cause there are inspiring things to look up to while walking around


An abandoned swimming facility in Ven, Sweden...



Are these Raspberries??? I don't know. Framboesa is the name in Portuguese. So delicious...


This is Christian on a bike, right in front of me. Ven, sweden. Such a beautiful place, only 1:30 min by boat from Copenhagen


Arriving back to Copenhagen...






And then we came back home...


1 comment:

arosaquefala said...

Amo vc, suas fotos e suas histórias. Don't forget it!
Beijos, Lud